Before diving right into this session report for the 2023 Cha'alt campaign known as Crystals of Chaos, I have a bonus session report to squeeze-in first.
The day before session #8, I ran a quick 90-minute game on Roll20. It was in the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic world of Cha'alt using the same old Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 for both sessions (fuchsia burn was mentioned, but never used).
During the Roll20 one-shot, the 3 players (started with 4) were gamers I knew from social media. So, after the game, I got to hear their positive feedback via Twitter...
- "Rules light, loads of RP, and action packed."
- "His game might be the best of the OSR games. He throws out a lot of unnecessary bullshit and gets to playing."
- "After today's session, I definitely want to pick up a book or two."
- Ludicrous speed - everyone's clothes went plaid (including the halfling's purple cloak).
- The PCs were grateful for the Federation's OCD, and even logged onto Zelp! after their escape and gave the Federation base and prison colony a 5-ztar review. "Greatest prison ever!"
- I wanted to do a cut-scene at the very end of the session where we see a Federation guard / janitor refitting a fresh energy cell onto the PC's confiscated blaster, but I forgot all about it.
- In the prison cell, everyone got bathrobes - they even had terrycloth sheaths!
- Heighten Chancery Philthrop III proclaimed "I'm working for the glory of the next zoth hit," as he was asked what his function was on Cha'alt by Commander Andrak.
- We learned that the crystal part of Ro-Robard might be female. I blame the current year!
- Sharp tang somehow goes well with dark taint... but don't ask me how.
- Lots of banana puns (not really puns, but names for stuff with banana at the beginning) and such, like banana-speeder, banana bones, banana organs, banana brains in their banana skull, banana zombie apocalypse, getting sand in their peels, bananenchmen (banana henchmen), banana-cution, etc.
- The PCs lured OZ-13 to their side with promises of taking him to Alpha Blue so he can get it on with female droids. They were going to buy him a space station brothel multi-pass for not only Alpha Blue, but other space station brothels.
- Oh yeah, and they managed to steal 30 spice capsules of refined zoth (each capsule goes for about a thousand credits).
- Also, the PCs dropped Garren Voy and Graaawl off in the S'kbah desert and later picked-up both Karl and Sa'ab.