Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Adventure Time + Cha'alt

 

Ok, as mentioned in my latest video, I'm creating a random table that can be used to juice-up your Cha'alt one-shots, linked adventures, and long-term campaign.  

Some of this stuff I'll be using on my own in Crystals of Chaos (see prior blog posts for details).  It's not my favorite animated TV show, but I do love Adventure Time.  Let's do this...


Adventure Time Your Cha'alt 

  1. Strawberry flavored - some monster, NPC, or magical thing in the adventure tastes like strawberries!
  2. Talking dogs that may or may not have been genetically spliced with Ka'arl's DNA (Karl from the show Workaholics). They also have elasticized limbs.
  3. The ability to kill with sheer cuteness - unless one is actively averting one's eyes, save or die!
  4. Rainicorns - Cha'alt doesn't get a lot of rain, and I don't know anyone on Cha'alt who's ever seen a rainbow... but it's possible.  And if you see one... what happens?  TBD
  5. The slimy tentacled princess is at war with the candy colored clown princess, and for those getting in the way of their righteous fury, life is cheap.
  6. Pieces of candy are actual people walking around whining about stupid shit.
  7. Whenever something is stolen, there's a 2 in 6 chance that whatever it is gets immediately re-stolen away from the thief.  
  8. ???

I want to hear from you... what else does this random table need?  And what else do you want me to riff-off of?  Vintage Doctor Who?  Blake's 7?  Thundarr the Barbarian?

Thanks,

VS

2 comments:

  1. Cool. All three of those last ones work.
    This kind of ties into my idea, "Cha'altclate Reign," where a chocolate vampire (cereal spook from EC III) is the BBE, and he uses his pesky blueberry ghost/shadow demon to spy on a bunch of pesky kids with magical items some old midget gave to them..

    ReplyDelete