TL;DR: If you thought this bullshit was over with 2020, think again.
Sorry for the lateness of this blog post... I thought it important to wait a bit and let the dust settle before I recklessly shoot my mouth off as many of my colleagues have done.
If you've been on social media the last couple days, you can hear the left cry out with indignant glee! They're thinking "We've got them now, those bad, lousy, no good, very bad Trump supporters. We can label them terrorists, just like we've done for years [albeit with softer voices] and be done with Orange Man Bad forever!"
Bad news, leftists. What happened at the Capitol was your fault. You did this.
- You tried to impeach Trump BEFORE he was even inaugurated in 2016, denying he won in a fair and free election with your Russian hoax - when it was the Clintons who colluded with Russia via the Steele Dossier!
- You've been insulting and demonizing Republicans, conservatives, and Trump supporters ever since Trump declared he was running for president.
- You normalized violent protests, demonstrations, rioting, and occupying territory throughout 2020. The media, politicians, celebrities, Big Tech, corporations, and even some law enforcement agencies gave their approval.
- You convinced a plurality of Americans that America itself was systemically racist and then tried to fix the imaginary problem with critical race theory, defunding the police, and Green New Deal.
- You locked everything down so people couldn't do much of anything - extremely limited socialization, entertainment, religious celebration, political organizing, and going back to work. 15 days to slow the spread has turned into 9 months of house arrest.
- You threw away all the voting norms and safeguards we've had in place until just before the biggest and most contentious election in U.S. history. And when Americans cried foul, you censored them, discredited them, and continued to insult them while wondering why the other half doesn't want to unify around Biden and his supporters.