Saturday, January 2, 2021

Accomplishments Thus Far

A new year brings chance for reflection.  

Someone on twitter was asking what I've accomplished in my life.  Some accomplishments are personal, subjective, and either unverifiable or ephemeral.  I won't include those... but those times I knew my opponent was bluffing on the river, well, if you add it all up, I saved myself thousands of dollars.  Plus, a lot of final tables.

In no particular order, here we go...

  • 50+ roleplaying game products written and self-published, several of them best-sellers.
  • Married (still).
  • 5 children.
  • My Game Mastering is known far and wide as legen... wait for it... dary.  Legendary!
  • Before wife and kids, I was a successful PUA with a score around 100 in a 5-year timeframe.
  • College degree (probably the least of my accomplishments on this list - the most useful thing I learned in school was how to type - and that was in High School).
  • Business / financial success in my chosen industry.
  • I was the High Priest of a religion and magical order based on H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Cult (still the founder and spiritual leader for the organization - Ipsissimus Venger As'Nas Satanis.  Within that paradigm, my achievements are vast and esoteric.  Feel free to ask me about it privately, though).
  • I limit myself to a dozen or so specialties, but within those parameters, I'm a damn good cook.  And each year, I add to my repertoire.  
  • I've amassed a collection of movies the likes of which would make Blockbuster blush (mostly sci-fi, fantasy, horror, exploitation, comedy, and westerns).

That's it for now.  If I think of something red-hot tonight or tomorrow, I'll add it to the list.  If you know of any accomplishment I didn't mention, comment below.

What's for the future?  That's probably a blog post for another time...

Happy New Year!

VS

p.s. Before I forget, now selling luxury hardcovers of Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise.  

4 comments:

  1. Did the other two products in the Torth trilogy come out or is that still on the back burner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible I'll eventually go back to Torth after Cha'alt... but essentially, Cha'alt is Torth: next generation.

    Tell me what would you like to see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling Cha'alt was the spiritual successor. That's said, while I'd have to think more on particulars, a setting where night is eternal and live-giving heat is only provided by machinery no one really comprehends anymore is just such a neat world. If I had to say something off the top of my head... Seeing the futuristic crypts under Torth would be cool. I do like Cha'alt, I was mostly just curious since you mentioned potential sequels.

    ReplyDelete