A new year brings chance for reflection.
Someone on twitter was asking what I've accomplished in my life. Some accomplishments are personal, subjective, and either unverifiable or ephemeral. I won't include those... but those times I knew my opponent was bluffing on the river, well, if you add it all up, I saved myself thousands of dollars. Plus, a lot of final tables.
In no particular order, here we go...
- 50+ roleplaying game products written and self-published, several of them best-sellers.
- Married (still).
- 5 children.
- My Game Mastering is known far and wide as legen... wait for it... dary. Legendary!
- Before wife and kids, I was a successful PUA with a score around 100 in a 5-year timeframe.
- College degree (probably the least of my accomplishments on this list - the most useful thing I learned in school was how to type - and that was in High School).
- Business / financial success in my chosen industry.
- I was the High Priest of a religion and magical order based on H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Cult (still the founder and spiritual leader for the organization - Ipsissimus Venger As'Nas Satanis. Within that paradigm, my achievements are vast and esoteric. Feel free to ask me about it privately, though).
- I limit myself to a dozen or so specialties, but within those parameters, I'm a damn good cook. And each year, I add to my repertoire.
- I've amassed a collection of movies the likes of which would make Blockbuster blush (mostly sci-fi, fantasy, horror, exploitation, comedy, and westerns).