Saturday, August 22, 2026

The Cha'alt X-Card Contest

 

I'm surprising y'all with a contest, motherfucker!

Last night, talking to my wife and eldest daughter about the nature of meta and manifesting one's will into the universe (an aspect of the Living Ultra-Cosmos), I suddenly came upon an idea.  Yes, the contest comes AFTER the revelation.  Sorry, not sorry.

You know that weird veiny, super-colorful flesh pattern that I paint onto the Cha'alt X-Cards?  You can also see a similar pattern at the top of the cover art for the first Cha'alt book.  Well, listen up, hoss, because this is now official canon of Cha'alt - ibrexia is the name of the dimensionally sashaying, hive-minded, thought-form species whose somehow-physical skin adorns the Cha'alt X-Cards we all know and stimulate during our games.  Due to the nature of their strange witch-flesh, such cards have the power to alter reality.

I know what you're thinking (aside from when the fuck will he start talking about the contest), since the Cha'alt X-Cards (free PDF, btw) are game mechanics, why would their appearance be something that exists in the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalypse, humor, sleaze, pop-culture, grindhouse exploitation campaign setting?  Because meta... that's all I got for ya.  ;)

Ok, now to the contest (see, that wasn't so bad).  From now until October 1st, if you use the Cha'alt X-Cards in your game - doesn't have to be with either Advanced Crimson Dragon Slayer or Cha'alt - literally any TTRPG and setting, and blog, vlog, or write-up a session report including their use on social media, you will get a free PDF from Kort'thalis Publishing.

That's right, you could incorporate these cards with DCC, MCC, LotFP, Hyperboria, Paranoia, Toon, Call of Cthulhu, Monty Python, Alpha Blue, Encounter Critical, AD&D, B/X, ShadowDark, Deadlands, the Red Room's Wretched New Flesh, etc... pretty much all the games we play at VENGER CON. Part of this contest is to show people that Cha'alt X-Cards can be usable with a lot of different TTRPGs.  The other part is just to get people using them and to showcase their use at a variety of tables.

Additionally, all submitted entries will be in the running for the ultimate, singular prize - a tentacle-made, wooden and painted set of Cha'alt-X-Cards shipped to you anywhere in the world.  This is a little visual taste!  Of course, this set will be weaved with ancient meta-sigil magic of Kort'thalis, shining luridly with the gross, yet enticing flesh of the ibrexia.

How will I determine the winning session report?  My criteria - the most entertaining and fun to read with best showcasing of the cards.

That's all I've got for you today.  Feel free to comment, share, and contribute your awesome content using my innovative and revolutionary Cha'alt X-Cards!  And if I'm wrong, and they suck, then accurately show their sucking in your session report so we can all see for ourselves.  Though, I'm pretty sure they'll improve the overall roleplaying experience. 

Enjoy, and good luck!

VS

p.s. Want some hardcover Cha'alt?  Here's how (and they're currently on sale!)!!  And in even BIGGER news, you can now buy an all-access weekend badge for next June's VENGER CON VI: Belief is Reality convention in Madison, WI right over here.


No comments:

Post a Comment