Saturday, August 8, 2026

The Living Ultra-Cosmos

 

I wrote this on X the other day, and wanted to put it down here for posterity.

There's even a level above the Living Story and Living World... it's called the Living Ultra-Cosmos.  But so few GMs are ready for it we may as well not even chat about such things.

When asked what I was on about, I wanted to make sure that the one guy who asked me what the Living Ultra-Cosmos was felt he was ready to receive these unadulterated black pearls of wisdom.

He assured me he was ready.

When your gaming life strangely intermingles with your real life, that is the Living Ultra-Cosmos. 

If you're having troubles with the lady in your life, and you prepare an encounter involving a hyper-critical tavern wench, warping and twisting it to suit the established campaign setting. Then, something happens in a session and you do your best to introduce whatever that is into your own away-from-the-table reality, such as drawing pictures of monstrous things that exist in Cha'alt.

Eventually, you go farther, using in-game rituals and real life symbols, cults, and agendas to increase the power of immersion, as well as, your true will (heart's desire, if female) in both realities. If you're thinking this is a type of left-hand path, black arts, chaos magic, you're right. Occultism in TTRPGs is what all those Mothers against D&D tried to warn you about. 

Most guru / warlock / High Priests would charge you $9.95 for that kind of insight. All I ask is you give Cha'alt a go, and try some of the other books by Kort'thalis Publishing, maybe post a 5-star review.

Oh, and here's a follow-up post I made the next day... 

In that Living Ultra-Cosmos state, a Game Master can visualize his campaign setting as if he were there, witnessing the strange marvels that seemed to already exist before the GM arrived.

If anyone wants to discuss the Living Ultra-Cosmos, post a comment below... or somewhere on social media where I'll see it.

Enjoy,

VS

p.s. Want some hardcover Cha'alt?  Here's how (and they're currently on sale!)!!  I'll do a big announcement when I have all the promotional images, but I'm excited to announce that VENGER CON VI: Belief is Reality will be happening next year (June 25th - 27th) in Madison, WI. 


1 comment: