Friday, June 23, 2023

The Tentacle-Drawn Mapping Style of Venger Satanis

 

What's up, hoss?

So many things to talk about!  But the major announcement is that, at long last, I've finally created my own mapping style.  One that I'm more than happy with and shall be employing from now on.

It took dozens of maps, a good couple years, lots of paper and ink, and most of my remaining sanity, a sacrifice of time, energy, and money (I already have a few previously drawn maps turned into adventuring locations, might have to scrap most of them).

Back in the day, everyone copied the crosshatching thing that one super-progressive guy started.  Well, I didn't want to follow in his footsteps (for a variety of reasons).  

For anyone who wants to see it up close and personal, as well as, getting a full-on tutorial by yours truly, I'll be demonstrating the VS technique at next month's VENGER CON.

What else has been going on?  Well, I just discovered that I have autism... that's all kinds of weird and fucked-up!

I put out a brand-new Cha'alt adventure called Loathsome Secrets In Amethyst.  That's the last release until not only VENGER CON, but all 12 issues of the Cha'alt webcomic, Under Fuchsia Ska'ai, that should be out in September.

However, I will have something to share on my blog just a few days before the convention - a fun random table (or two) that folks who can't make it to VENGER CON can use at home, so they feel like part of the sorcery.

And then sometime in November I'll kickstart Book 4 of the Cha'alt trilogy, another gorgeous, limited edition, signed and numbered hardcover tome that will be in my slimy tentacles by VENGER CON III in July of 2024.

That volume will contain all the previous Cha'alt content that's come out since Chartreuse Shadows + a bunch of new stuff, never before seen by human eyes!

Thanks,

VS


7 comments:

  1. Book four of a trilogy? 😜

    V you so crazy! 🤪

    But keep the good stuff coming bro! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your next Cha'alt book. It's now a quadrilogy!

    I'm glad you found your style, in this day and age so many people just copy the same look that it all just becomes a "grey goo". Like Cha'alt, it's distinctively yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's important to take the fundamentals, the raw building blocks and make your own thing, your own way. Personal style is what allows this hobby to evolve, not the celebration of niche sexual preferences (for instance).

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete