Friday, June 6, 2014

Purple PDF is live!

Yes, the PDF of The Islands of Purple-Haunted Putrescence is up on DriveThruRPG (and RPGNow probably).  It may take a few hours before a title search will pull it up, so use the aforementioned link.  Or click on the image over on the right-hand side of this blog.  If you're interested in the dead-tree version, that should be available next week sometime.

This book has a little bit of everything - useful tables, optional rules, a monk character class, history, a short piece of fiction, tons of encounters, new magic items and spells, etc.  As with Liberation of the Demon Slayer (again, see right), your Purple campaign is about 85% finished for you.  The remaining 15% is for the GM to flesh out, adding his own signature elements according to personal taste.

As system neutral/agnostic as possible, it clocks in at 108 pages, lots of illustrations from a variety of amazing artists.  Ed Wedig did a great job of laying everything out.  Plus, there were many people who provided worthwhile feedback, including playtesters!  All in all, I think Purple turned out well.

For those curious, the hexes can be whatever you want... one mile, three miles, five miles, etc.  Just depends on how large you'd like the purple islands to be in your campaign world.

Also, if you'd like the giant 50mb sized color map, it's available here.  You won't be able to see it as a preview or simply click on it; however, you can download the file via dropbox and then save it onto your computer.

Sure, this means that you can pretty much have Alyssa Faden's gorgeous full-color map of the islands for frizzle (free).  Consider it a gift, a thank you, or maybe a teaser to whet your gonzo sci-fantasy appetite.  Enjoy!

If you have any questions, concerns, or problems, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment