Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Kort'thalis Meta-Sigil

 

Before getting into more Cha'altified submissions, I'd like to blog about the Kort'thalis meta-sigil.

This magical symbol or glyph is a portal to Cha'alt... the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic campaign setting I created years ago.  Instead of physically transporting you to the world of fuchsia skies, it's a vehicle for your consciousness.

The very first painting of Kort'thalis, over a decade ago, looked like an eldritch and infernal key to another dimension.  This is the latest.

It's acrylic paint on high-grade gallery type canvas, approximately 24" tall x 18" wide, varnished for maximum protection.  There's an unexpected Erol Otus quality about it, if I do say so myself.  

For those using Cha'alt, either on its own or as a hybrid setting in conjunction with others, I suggest rendering your own and keeping a visual of the meta-sigil nearby while you're gaming (both GM and players).  Personally, I like to meditate on Kort'thalis for a minute or two before each session, and if I need an extra shot of inspiration, I'll glance at it while running the game.

All language is simply communicating through mutually agreed upon symbols.  When you see this symbol, it communicates the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic qualities of Cha'alt, transporting you to its burning sand below a fuchsia sky, so those adventures can be lived by you, me, all of us.

This secret world that lives and breathes inside our collective imagination is objective reality, just harder to perceive... that is, until one spends sufficient time and energy in Cha'alt.  The more you engage with it, the realer it becomes.  Perhaps the everyday world will pale by comparison?

Roleplaying games are an outlet, an escape, a fun pastime with family and friends.  But it can be so much more, the chance to participate in the creation and continuation of a parallel universe that exists just outside of our own.

Yesterday morning, I had the painting right beside me while running Cha'alt for someone on Roll20 who'd never played D&D before.  Did it make a difference?  Well, I felt different.  With each session, I see the world of Cha'alt and everyone inhabiting it as incrementally more alive and real.

I'll have this and other paintings of the Kort'thalis meta-sigil on display at VENGER CON!!!  Tickets still available...

If you'd like to participate in one of my Roll20 demonstrations (90-minutes, text only, and usually 18+), either let me know or follow me on Twitter @VengerSatanis.

Have a great week, hoss!

VS

p.s. Disappointed in WotC's latest regurgitation of your beloved campaign setting?  Get hooked on Cha'alt!  And while you're at it, Crimson Dragon Slayer D20.  Don't believe me?  Check out the vast amount of 5-star Cha'alt reviews.


6 comments:

  1. Say, that DOES look like an Erol Otis. Maybe you two should get in touch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been communicating on the astral plane for some time...

      Delete
    2. Heya Venger! Not trying to cut into your bread and butter here, but this is for Venger the gamer.
      Theres a new game over on Druvethrurpg called Wretched Bastards that describes itself as Dark Sleazy Fantasy. You even center your character focus around one of the Seven Deadly sins and you can earn bonus experience for doing wretched things.
      The first module "Daughters of Darkness" just released and is focused around a cult of Lesbian Priestesses. Thought you might like to check it out.
      Also, any news regarding Encounter Critical?

      P.S. I wont be offended if you remove this post, just please comment on EC if you can

      Delete
    3. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete
  2. I was just reading about Wretched Bastards / Daughters of Darkness! It does look cool.

    I promise to have an Encounter Critical update for you in one week. Thank you for keeping me on task, hoss. ;)

    ReplyDelete