Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Disinvited From TSR Con

 

I'm going to try and keep this short because it's all so weird, nonsensical, and kind of pointless.

Ok, after Gary Con's decision to go full-mask this year I withdrew my attendance while seeking to run games at TSR Con happening at the exact same time.  

I tried my best to ignore the feud between Justin LaNasa and several OSR folks so I could simply focus on a gaming convention without a face diaper.  For those curious, I explain how ruinous masks are at a gaming convention here.

Anyway, I noticed that a dozen or more of my posts on Tenkar's Facebook group had a suspicious spam comment directly below.  Those replies were identical - doxxing Tenkar from some fake name / account.  When asking about it, several people strongly suggested Justin LaNasa behind it.

I asked LaNasa about it in a FB direct message, hoped it wasn't him, but if it was, telling him that kind of thing accomplishes nothing, and that I really don't want to be caught up in the middle of anything.  

LaNasa asked if I still wanted to run games at TSR Con because apparently there were many people who could fill my spot if I was going to back out.  I said, I wasn't backing out, just wanted to stay out of the drama.  He seemed cool with that.

A day or two later, LaNasa messages me out of the blue saying that he re-read what I had written to him and thought I'd be better off not getting involved with TSR Con due to my friendship and/or allegiances to other OSR folks, such as Erik Tenkar, who nu-TSR seems to be at war with.

I said that I can make my own decisions, but if he doesn't want me there that's fine, just say so.  LaNasa said it would be best if I came back for the next TSR Con in 2023.  "Ok, sounds good" I said.  He gave me the thumbs up, and that was that.

Officially, I'm no longer running anything, nor appearing, at TSR Con this March... or probably ever.  I mean, who does that?  It's all so tiresome and a waste of energy.  In the time it took from the first announcement of TSR Con to a couple days ago, I wrote the majority of a new book - Cha'alt: Chartreuse Shadows.  One that will certainly go down in the history books of fantasy roleplaying games!  Specifically, I spent my free time creating the Cremza'amirikza'am "sexcrawl" megadungeon... something which no one has ever seen before.

So, what is the greatest living Game Master going to do now?  Well, the mask mandates are being lifted everywhere because Democrats have seen the polling numbers and realize how screwed they are in November.  Perhaps I'll run Cha'alt at one or more friendly local game stores next month?  I don't know.  Suggestions?

VS

p.s. One place where you won't have to worry about such unnecessary distractions is VENGER CON this July in Madison, WI.  

p.p.s. I'm open to interviews if anyone wants to do a back-and-forth email Q&A for their blog.  Podcasts and such will have to wait since I already have those time commitments filled for the foreseeable future. 


32 comments:

  1. No great loss. I see your absence as a boon to the convention with your self-righteous attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the messiah prophesied to return, it would be disingenuous of me to not be self-righteous.

      Delete
    2. I sincerely hope that you, Justin, and those 3 other guys have fun at your convention.

      Delete
  2. Of all the people he could get into a feud with, he chooses a guy who just simply wants to stay out of it?

    This is madness. Cant we just play games in peace?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Was that you posting Tenkar's personal information on his own FB group? If it was, that's just a bad look while accomplishing nothing worthwhile. And if this tiff negatively impacts me, I'm not going to be happy. Apparently, I'm the only one running games at TSR Con who hasn't been banned yet. I was outside looking in for too long and didn't need the drama. If your feud escalates and I get caught in the middle, all bets are off. Just needed to communicate the present situation.


      We Don't bend a knee to Tenkarps BS! We don't Dox people, so anyone who believes Erics BS just blocks and ignores us. We will quite happily do the same.... next time, Venger, you might want to post the whole private conversation! for your fans!!!! You came to us asking above and then cried because we agree with you !!!!! Psssshhh
      Justin LaNasa
      TSR CON

      Delete
  4. Was that you posting Tenkar's personal information on his own FB group? If it was, that's just a bad look while accomplishing nothing worthwhile. And if this tiff negatively impacts me, I'm not going to be happy. Apparently, I'm the only one running games at TSR Con who hasn't been banned yet. I was outside looking in for too long and didn't need the drama. If your feud escalates and I get caught in the middle, all bets are off. Just needed to communicate the present situation.


    We Don't bend a knee to Tenkarps BS! We don't Dox people, so anyone who believes Erics BS just blocks and ignores us. We will quite happily do the same.... next time, Venger, you might want to post the whole private conversation! for your fans!!!! You came to us asking above and then cried because we agree with you !!!!! Psssshhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Same tactic as "Mario Gomez", the fake account that doxed me used, trolling every comment.

      You don't hide your tactics well, do you Justin?

      ROFLMAO :)

      Delete
  5. 7 years of being pushed around, and motherfuckers fighting back. That's what you're reading, hoss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could Justin's mom come and collect him please? He's had too much Sunny Delight and he's getting overstimulated again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, hoss! VENGER CON will be epic!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😅😅😅😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps an Inglorious live play game of epic legendary proportions of some sort the weekend of the conventions with offending parties made into parody NPCs? Nobody would be brave enough to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen. I read that whole thing as “I’m trying to ignore all the bullshit of other, while promoting the bigges bullshit of all!”

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Welcome to come up to DaveCon ( Http://:DaveCon.net ) in Minneapolis and run games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, but can't swing a drive longer than 2 hours.

      Delete
  12. I am sorry to hear that it has come to this but as someone else, said you might have saved yourself some bad publicity. I don't think Justin LaNasa knows this community as well as he thinks he does and in the end that will be a good thing for everyone. Just going to take some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't realize how crazy he was. I really think the dude is a paranoid schizophrenic. Sad!

      Delete
  13. The hells... ?

    No freedom, no games. But crabs in a barrel sure don't make the OSR a great community.

    The claims on grand inherited titles instead of claims made by way of actual doing good stuff... nu-TSR and WotC aren't so different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jesus christ just wear a mask you pussy. Otherwise don't bitch because that is 100% your choice. I liked your adventures but after seeing what a douche you are I'm gonna just pirate them from here on out. Go ahead an delete if you can't deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a warning to all the women (sorry, birthing people) who think it's OK to use crystal meth while pregnant. Please, don't do it. The risk is too damn high!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that the CDC is removing their mask requirements it'll be interesting to see if anything changes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already contacted Luke Gygax to ask him about Gary Con. This one won't change, but next Gary Con should be maskless. Shitty timing. If Gary Con was in May, it would have been mask optional.

      Delete