Check out the previous blog posts if you want to read what led up to today's.
The Alpha Blue session was good and fun, but my head's definitely in another place. That helps, actually, because if I have Alpha Blue on my mind, then it's going to distract me from Cha'alt... which is my primary focus right now. Especially, as I'm working on book three of the trilogy Cha'alt: Chartreuse Shadows.
And the Encounter Critical session was really just Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 tooling around Cha'alt. When telling Gamehole Con what games I wanted to run, I thought I'd be diving into the next edition of Encounter Critical. Instead, I decided to shelve that until I was finished with Cha'alt: Chartreuse Shadows.
Since Encounter Critical inspired both Crimson Dragon Slayer and Cha'alt, I didn't feel too bad about it. I broke out Beneath Kra'adumek because that's a fun little one-shot scenario. For an extra bit of strangeness and because it was almost Halloween, I offered the players monster races instead of traditional, elves, dwarves, etc.
I'll share what I came up with here, just in case you want to use it in your own Halloween inspired sessions...
- Vampire - Hypnotism (save to resist).
- Wolfman - Transform into wolf and/or wolfman (Advantage from savage attacks).
- Mummy - Resurrection, unless completely incinerated, vaporized, or annihilated.
- Creature From The Black Lagoon - Swim, breathe under water, and fast healing.
- Ghost - Incorporeal at will.
- Demon - Can force humanoids to make a deal; the Devil's bargain.
- Frankenstein - Super strength (extra d6 damage).