Monday, September 2, 2019

The City of Vermilion


"No, no, no.  Veng-baby, you've got it all wrong.  The karneblaspha'aks must be chartreuse with magenta and tan stripes.  It's the propelveenz that wear their azgoba'ats with chartreuse and fuchsia polka-dots.  Quit snorting that crystallized Purple Prizm and get it fucking right, you za'akier glip-glop!"

That direct and very literal quote from Prince of Nothing is exactly what it was like to work under my Cha'alt consultant's iron heel.  Muy brutales!

But... in the end, he guided my errant hand in fashioning what is the greatest RPG book of all time and space - Cha'alt!!!  Praise be its name!

So, in gratitude, I shall initiate the pimpage of his Kickstarter called The City of Vermilion.  Well, that's another color gone, but no matter - Prince of Nothing and the Merciless Merchants are awesome at writing, old school to the core, and not afraid of doing things their own way.

Like you, I'm sure, I probably have enough gaming material at my house, if I'm being honest.  But think of it this way, there are lots of creative individuals out there working their asses off to raise the bar of adventure writing. 

If we don't collectively encourage them, all those dudes will simply go away... off to write their crappy novels that remind you of the golden years of gaming you had once upon a time, but refused to financially assist. 

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, "Back that shit up, yo."

VS

p.s. Look at that kickass artwork on the KS page!  Damn, hoss.

No comments:

Post a Comment