Friday, May 10, 2024

Ultra-Minimalist Crimson Dragon Slayer

 

This is a layout challenge!

For my friend and awesome artist's (who worked on the Cha'alt webcomic Under Fuchsia Ska'ai and illustrated a couple pieces for The Cha'alt Experience) Italian zine, I came up with a truncated version of my Advanced Crimson Dragon Slayer rules.  It's down to just 2 or 3 pages.

And I must say, I'm quite proud of it.  I think it distills the essence of what the OSR means to me.  Fun, fast-paced, D&D in arcade mode!

I'm offering it to anyone who wants to do their own layout and create a PDF to give away at their own webstore, platform, storefront, or wherever.  Got a crazy idea in mind?  Now's your chance to show the world what you can do.  Maybe just to hand out to their own players?

Want to visually dazzle folks?  Go ahead, do a Mork Borg thing or something crazy.  Want to make it super old-school like it was typed up on Gary's typewriter?  Sure, why not?  You can make it look however you want.

But let's say you want to alter the text; ask me first and if I approve of the change, it's fine.  You can even change the name, as long as you keep at least one of the three words in the title... Crimson, Dragon, and/or Slayer.

Ok, if you want the word doc, let me know.  My email is: Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

I look forward to seeing what you can do with this challenge, hoss!

Thanks,

VS

p.s.  It's now up on DTRPG!!!  The Cha'alt Experience: Designing Worlds Like A Fucking Boss.

6 comments:

  1. Heya V
    I was just wondering if you decided on any new races from your contest a few months back.

    Also, I always like to share any game titles that I see that I think you might like.

    Planet Mother$#%&@* looks right up your alley, behind the Adult Content wall on DTRPG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciated all the submissions, but nothing grabbed me. Although, I'm happy with the tangerine-elf I came up with and showcased at GaryCon back in March. Will probably include that in Book 4... kickstarting in December.

      Delete
    2. Thats fair, I was just wondering how it turned out

      On a related note, I hope to see you do something more with Encounter Critical 😊

      Delete
  2. This sounds cool. You've distilled the zoth to it's most refined form people can inject like the "Nuke" drug from Robocop 2.. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. You should make a post about this over at TheRPGsite. Get the word out.

    ReplyDelete