Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Gary Con vs VENGER CON

 

Well, it's a good thing there's VENGER CON because Gary Con isn't working out... at least for me.

As you might have seen on Gary Con's website or Tenkar's video, Gary Con requires whatever the CDC "recommends" as "up to date" on your subscription model covid-19 vaccine series of boosters.  

For now, that means the original vaccine and 2 booster shots.  That's today.  Gary Con is in March of next year.  I have no doubt, that's going to jump to at least 3 booster shots by then.

Obviously, you can do what you want.  Your body, your choice (luckily, there's no pesky human baby getting murdered).  I'm not going to take the chance after seeing stuff like this or this.

VENGER CON doesn't care what your vaxx/booster status is, and won't ever make you wear a mask.

I missed Gary Con last year because of their mask mandate.  And I was told by a number of people that I should have gone because it wasn't strictly enforced.  Well, I'm not going to take that chance... plus, there's the principle of the thing.  

So, Gary Con is out for me... again.  But thankfully, VENGER CON II: Electric Boogaloo will happen again next July in Madison, WI.  Check it out!

I have one of Kort'thalis Publishing's house-artists working on updated banners.  That should be done by the end of next week.  The current one has a cool design (that will influence the final version) but yeah...

So, I'm again capping the convention at 100.  26 attendees last VENGER CON was great.  If I can double that number, I'll be happy.  But reaching 90 or so would be great, as well, and then maybe I can fly Pundit out to game with us!

That's it for now... if you have questions or comments, go right ahead.

Also, Noble Knight Games is selling my books for jacked-up prices.  I made a video about it.  If you want one or more Cha'alt books, I sell them direct.  Email me for questions, prices, and ordering details: Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

VS


9 comments:

  1. Very much a shame, for I so enjoyed playing with you at Gary Con...but alas, my vacation time does not allow me 2 trips to Wisconsin......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sucks for a lot of people. We thought the cultural divide was over, but no... it's just beginning.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, BTW. I enjoyed gaming with you, as well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched your video and replied there. Don't get disheartened. NKG is insane and so is anyone who pays their jacked up prices for anything. This is just pure greed on their end. I'm sure that even now, they're hawking stuff I traded to them for a few bucks as if it was all a collection of holy relics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hoss. Yeah, I won't let it discourage me. Savvy customers will still get a great deal.

      Delete
  4. Im sorry you wont be attending Gary Con.

    Incidentally, I find it interesting my carrier blocked both the vids you posted above. I just love other people deciding what I should see or read.

    On the plus side, not going to Gary Con will give you more time to work on Encounter Critical 😁

    Yep, thats me! Subtle as a chainsaw and lacking all the social graces (with apologees to Ray Stevens and Eric the Awful)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that your wireless carrier or internet service provider? Of it's not a glitch or some kind of cache issue, that's some Orwellian stuff right there.

      Delete
    2. Yes, more time to slave away on my ill-fated passion project! Lol, something will materialize by Halloween, hoss.

      Delete