Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Cha'alt Stream Reflections


If you need a refresher, this is the blog post about our Cha'alt live-stream.

The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, so we'll be back!  I think we're aiming for every other month.  Depends on how our schedules align. 

However, I'm still interested in a side-gig stream of all things Venger.  More info about that here

Below are some questions I received along with my answers...

1.  What (if anything) was ad-libbed or spontaneously created?

I didn't think of anyone climbing to the top of the waterfall, so that was a total blank canvas moment. But knowing the campaign world as I do, I improvised.  In my mind, I was thinking of that crystal cave scene from the old movie Journey To The Center Of The Earth (a classic and favorite of mine).  I suppose that was the inspiration.


2.  Was this scenario included in Cha'alt?

Nope, I wrote it earlier in the day.  Totally new content.


3.  What did you roll for morale?

Well, since I've been using my Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 house-rules, I didn't have anything else in front of me, such as a table or chart for morale.  In my head, I determined that if I rolled high on a d20, the blind, albino cannibals would stand fast.  I ended up rolling a 5, I think.  So, they ran away.

______

That's all, folks!

VS

p.s. Want to know where I bought my chartreuse and magenta Cha'altian dice?  Over yonder.  Tell them Venger Satanis sent you!


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the stream! It would be much more enjoyable to see this take place with more play time.

    CDS d20 seems to be great for quick, impromptu games, or games with players who aren't terribly interested with a deep rule system. I might run this with DCC or IoPHP for my home game.

    I can't wait to get my Cha'alt hardcover. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for an actual campaign with longer sessions (especially face-to-face), you'd be better off with a more robust D&D system.

      Definitely ripe for mixing with The Islands of Purple-Haunted Putrescence!

      Delete