Monday, February 26, 2024

Game Master to the Rich & Famous

 

I should be blogging about the prior weekend's Cha'alt campaign, but alas only 2 of the 6 players could make it.  So, I had to cancel.

Not a total loss because I got to spend even more time with my Mother, who turned 85 on Saturday.

So, now that I have a window in my blogging schedule, why not write about something that's been brewing in the PSYCHOCOSM mind-space for a few months?  

This was an idea just on the borderline of breaking through at the beginning of the 2nd Cha'alt campaign, when Colin was still around.  The game was so good (and it's still excellent, even with his absence, though I must confess, ever so slightly diminished - pouring a vial of zoth out for my tentacled-homie... wherever he might be), that I wanted to share it.  I wanted others to feel the Cha'alt experience, beyond my faithfully recorded session reports.

I also wanted to monetize the well-oiled (well-zothed?) machine we had going because, let's face it, Kort'thalis Publishing pays the bills, but that's pretty much it.  It's a hobby-business.  If I'm lucky, it pulls in about $10K a year.  That's not nothing, but it's 2024.  There have been a number of life changes recently, and it's time to think big.

I'm ready to take the GM-for-hire thing to the next level.  

$50K for the GOLD-LEVEL CHA'ALT CAMPAIGN.  Your one-year contract for an every-other-week (26 sessions total), 4-hour game, up to 7 players (minimum of 3), within a 45-minute drive of the Sun Prairie / Madison, WI area.  As per usual, I'll be running my own world, Cha'alt [eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalypse, humor, sleaze, pop-culture, and exploitation grindhouse] with Advanced Crimson Dragon Slayer.

My style is immersion-centric, rules-light, fiction-first, theater of the mind, rule of cool, 18+ for mature content, and noob friendly.   I have over 40 years of experience with RPGs, that include designing and self-publishing countless books, Game Mastering sessions wherein several players have honored me with the title greatest GM in the entire world.  I view this calling as somewhere between a culture-building, performance-based artform and self-actualizing religious vocation.

Modern-day radical-leftism would have us "eat the rich" or march them to the guillotine, owing to their hateful and ignorant Marxist agenda.  Instead, why not exchange goods and services for money so that everyone benefits?  America is a capitalist nation, democratic republic, and (for all its current problems) the greatest country in the world!

Yes, $50,000 sounds like a lot of money.  In fact, it is a lot of money!  However, I'm betting that an individual able to afford a personal chef or company willing to shell-out for woke anti-white training seminars can afford it.  Share the cost with players or write it off as an extended team-building work retreat.  Maybe after all these years, you've come to realize that golf isn't your thing and would rather ditch the country club?  Or perhaps money's no object when it comes to a deeply immersive, transformative thrill-ride like the Cha'alt experience?

With the GOLD-LEVEL CHA'ALT CAMPAIGN (if both parties agree, the contract is renewable at the end of the year + 10% increase), you're basically leasing a private, exclusive multiverse, which you and your buddies get to explore, interact with, and adventure in - like virtual reality but even better, it exists in our collective imagination, and the GM isn't A.I. but organic... conscious - infinitely superior to a machine... Venger Satanis, in the flesh.

Finding such will not be easy, and I don't plan to have this operation up and running until at least this fall, maybe January of 2025, but that's my mission.  

If scheduling permits, a couple one-year contracts would probably be the most I could handle at one time (while still keeping my primary home game).  So, if you live in the greater Madison, WI area, get ahold of me ASAP to lock-in your GOLD-LEVEL CHA'ALT CAMPAIGN one-year contract.  Three-hour introductory trial-sessions start at $500.

The marketing for this new business venture won't begin until after VENGER CON III, as I don't want anything to distract me from this July's convention - also in the Sun Prairie / Madison, WI area.

Thanks for reading,

Venger As'Nas Satanis
High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing
Arch-Duke of the Old School Renaissance


4 comments:

  1. Players can also break the fourth wall in fully immersive Platinum ($100K) and Diamond ($200K) Membership packages.
    Platinum members go on trips to the local gentleman's club champagne room for the adventure, "I Can Remember to Sexy Dance for You Wholesale."
    The Diamond members must relocate to Nevada, but get to enjoy* the custom, "Do Android Sluts Dream of Electric Sheepskin?"

    *Orion Slave Girl Deluxe Packages require additional fees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually planning on a Platinum-level contract once per week plan, 52 sessions in a year at $75K. But didn't want to put the cart before the reptilian riding-spider.

      Delete
    2. Fair enough. You have to cost out the fembots and other story props. Rich clientele can't dine on theatre of the mind alone. If you do really well, you can open up the Vengerland Theme Park and buy back all the IPs Disney's ruined.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete