A few sessions have transpired since the last time I blogged about my weekly Alpha Blue campaign on Roll20.
So, this is going to be a quick and dirty, bullet-point wrap-up of everything that's transpired thus far...
- The PCs, Katya and Miles Artemis, found themselves back on Alpha Blue. They wandered into a melee combat arena and decided to pass on the guy selling his hot nuts in favor of sitting down and watching a man get beaten by some alien thing with tentacles.
- Miles was not content to merely watch - there was money being offered to the man who could hold his own versus the best melee combatant in the galaxy - Syresh Vos!
- A series of lucky rolls, plus the crafty use of his telepathy gave Miles the upper hand. He knocked Syresh Vos out. He won a bunch of credits and a sexy, green-skinned arena girl named Kiwi congratulated Miles by fellating him in front of the entire crowd.
- While all that was going on, Katya was talking to a black-robed human who wanted both the PCs to come with him to see Grabba the butt - the reason was not revealed.
- On the way out of the arena, a drunk spacer thought it would be a good idea to challenge the exhausted Miles to a laser duel. Drunk guy got his trigger-hand blasted.
- The PCs met up with the mysterious employee of Grabba the butt, a human named Fructis New Zaelyn. Miles and Katya were passengers on Fructis' ship as he took them to Grabba's pleasure palace on the desert planet P'oon.
- When questioned, Fructis New Zaelyn told Miles and Ace VanHendrix, a zedi technician, (this was the start of the next session - lost Katya's player and gained Ricky's) and Fructis told them that Grabba the butt had a long-standing feud with Syresh Vos.
- Just before reaching planetary orbit, a droid enters the cockpit and offers everyone a drink. Miles takes a can of Purple Prizm, opens it, and it fizzes all over his space khakis. A beautiful, blue-skinned female takes Miles' pants so they can be washed.
- Upon landing on P'oon, some revolutionary forces attack the ship with lasers. Fructis gets out with the intention of fighting them off, then realizes there's, like, a dozen of them. He uses his jetback to get the fuck out of there, leaving the PCs on their own.
- Miles and Ace surrender rather than face a dozen armed rebels. The desert revolutionaries take the PCs to their base and offer them a deal - give this blue-colored elixir to Grabba and be free or refuse and die.
- Obviously, they agree to present Grabba the butt with the elixir. Miles still doesn't have any pants on.
- A pale, tentacled humanoid comes to the door when Miles and Ace knock on the pleasure palace door. He shows them to Grabba's secretary who then takes them to Grabba's main audience chamber where a full-scale feast is going on.
- Grabba the butt is pleased with the PCs. They made Syresh Vos look the fool and seem capable of handling some illicit jobs that Grabba needs done. Miles still isn't wearing any pants.
- Ace pretends to take a swig from the elixir and then offers it to Grabba. Cliffhanger!
- New session with Ace VanHendrix, Katya is back, and total Alpha Blue noob Badger who is playing an evangelical robot who can't pass up vice. The robot's name is Reverend Screw-Loose, but that seems like a lot of work, so I called him Mr. Robot for most of the session.
- Ace rolled decent in trying to convince Grabba that it was perfectly safe to drink the elixir, so Grabba gave it to his royal taster before taking a drink himself.
- Suddenly, the entire complex shook with the force of an earthquake - someone was shooting their laser cannons at Grabba's pleasure palace. Luckily the defensive shields diminished the blast.
- Syresh Vos came down in an attack ship, attempting to take out his crime lord rival. It wasn't long before Vos and several of his underlings were inside the palace shooting people and looking for Grabba.
- One of the PCs looked outside the window to see if there was a way out, but all they could see was a sarlacc moat encircling the entire palace.
- There was a massive laser-fight between team Vos and team Grabba, since both had similar forces. The PCs were in the middle - Mr. Robot hid, Ace was determined to take out Grabba, and Katya was shooting at Vos. It was a glorious clusterfuck!
- Grabba made his escape in a secret starship at the back of his pleasure palace. The PCs jumped into the back of that ship just before the door closed.
- There were two guards and no sign of Grabba (he was moved to a safer section of the ship).
- From a window, everyone watched as Grabba's palace went up in a huge explosion!
- Then a couple of sexy alien girls came in and Ace decided to take out the guards single-handed. He killed one and the second guard got him, knocking him unconscious and bleeding out. That last guard was about to throw Ace's body out of the airlock when Mr. Robot intervened - throwing the guard out and saving Ace from certain death.
- Katya, being a medic, patched Ace up while Mr. Robot charmed the alien women.
- The strange women took Mr. Robot to their cabin, offered him a seat on their translucent blue beanbags, and then asked if he wanted to have sex... but that's where we had to end the session.
These bullet-points get the job done of telling the story, but they leave out all the little details like Mr. Robot flirting with Katya and various side-jokes. Oh well, for the full effect, you've really got to be there - and therein lies the entire point of roleplaying. It's a personal, deep, intimate kind of game with layers and subtly that board, card, and computer games just can't match.
Before I go, just want to remind everyone that Guarding Galaxy XXX was just released. This FREE scenario will introduce gamers to my sleazy scifi RPG Alpha Blue. Just read all the stellar reviews... oh wait, there aren't any. Hey, review that shit, hoss! Much obliged. ;)