Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Cha'alt Game Jam in January

 

This announcement is in preparation for when the stars are right... January 1st.

I'm organizing one of those game jam things for Cha'alt

In case you don't know, Cha'alt is my very own eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic OSR campaign setting that frequently includes humor, grindhouse / exploitation sleaze, and pop-culture references.  It now encompasses three books with a fourth volume of the weird-ass trilogy hopefully coming in 2024.

Not using ichio; only DriveThruRPG and Big Geek Emporium to host releases.  

Between January 1st and February 14th (Valentine's Day), I'm creating a six-week open license window for gamers to create stuff and sell it using my Cha'alt intellectual property, and I'm extending that to include Crimson Dragon Slayer, Alpha Blue, and Encounter Critical (both the original and new edition that'll come out at the end of December).

Everything made within that window will be allowed without a separate license between the two parties, and may continue to be sold or distributed freely by the creator.  Anything made outside of that January 1st 2023 - February 14th 2023 timeframe will require a licensing agreement between the creator and myself.  

Post the following somewhere in the product, "Licensed with permission from Venger As'Nas Satanis, High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing and Archduke of the OSR, in the year of our Dark Lord 2023, whether you like it or not."

I look forward to seeing what you make of this golden opportunity, hoss.  Share this news, and let your creative juices flow!

If you have questions, or you'd like my advice, suggestions, or feedback on anything, just ask... Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

Thanks,

VS

p.s. Here's an update blog post now that the Cha'alt Game Jam has officially started! 


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon V

    I finished reading EC3 a litle while ago and just thought Id share a few thoughts

    I know you were a little apprehensive about doing EC justice as you are a fan yourself. Im certain there will be a few grumblers, but I personally feel you hit the mark!

    The game is definitely more playable and being OSR friendly makes a wealth of material compatible with it. My only editing of this title will be in the form of omitting some things that dont fit my fantasy "template" or anything I feel involves too much work adapting

    Games are make believe anyway (shocking!) and the point is to have fun right!?

    Bottom line is that I love it and will get to work paring down my edition. I will also try and do a brief, concise review on dtrpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome to hear, hoss! Thanks for the encouragement and enthusiasm. 😃

      Delete
    2. Oh it does occur to me that you might want to include some stats for armor and shields (for those who dont already own Crimson Dragon Slayer, etc)

      I may have overlooked them?

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah... where was that suggestion a week ago?

      Delete