Friday, June 21, 2019

Cha'alt Pre-Sales


The big project I've been working on for over 6 months is nearing completion.

What is it?  Well, it's a campaign setting and megadungeon called Cha'alt.  It's gonzo, eldritch, post-apocalyptic science-fantasy, and about 174 pages geared to both the OSR and 5e D&D audience.

The files get sent off to the printers in 2 or 3 weeks.  Until then, last minute revision, tweaking, and proofing continues.

Between now and when the shipment of 1,000 high-quality, full-color, hardcover, signed and numbered books reach my slimy green tentacles, I'm opening up sales for this limited edition.

Approximately 100 of them are already spoken for... thanks to KS backers.

The original Kickstarter price was $50 + $10 shipping.  That was the sweet, sweet deal for those who believed in me and actually made this project possible.

The current pre-sale price is $55 + $10 shipping (within the contiguous United States), which is a sweet deal compared to what it's going to cost when the books are ready to ship out.

Want a taste of what Cha'alt will be like?  Ok, right over here is about 5% of the book, an introductory dungeon to get things going before the PCs are ready to tackle the funhouse mindfuck that is The Black Pyramid.

The PDF is free (subject to small changes before print files are finalized), so go check it out and see if you're ready for Cha'alt.

I accept paypal at Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

Thanks,

VS

p.s. Please send me an email first if you have any questions!

p.p.s Shipping doubles outside the US ($20, which is still fairly decent).

2 comments:

  1. VS, I continue to be concerned with the proposed size of your print run from an economic angle. I don't want to see you go bust as I enjoy your output. The KS and presales should eat up 60% - 75% of your print run. The vast majority of your audience has stepped up to bat. You will continue to move units but it is most likely to be only a fractional percent of what you have already sold. I am not a gambler, if I was in your situation I would be looking at a run of 300 or so based on the final presale tally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife and father concur with your suggestion. The printer I'm working with won't go below 500 books, and getting a full 1,000 is only about 20% more money than ordering 500. So, that makes it a no-brainer cost-wise.

      I assume it's going to take a year or two to sell out of the print run, and that's fine by me. There's no rush.

      In the meantime, I'll work at expanding my audience. Thanks for the email, hoss!


      Delete