Thursday, February 15, 2018

Suck on that, IRS!


I'm meeting with our accountant next week and wanted to get my financial ducks in a row beforehand. 

Not counting all the legitimate deductions he's going to hook me up with, Kort'thalis Publishing's profit for 2017 was $7,764.48 (give or take a couple hundred dollars, wasn't exactly sure on a couple write-offs).

Haha!  Jokes on you, IRS.  That's peanuts.  Peanuts!  Looks like I'll be paying 40% of suck my balls come April!!!

Ok, ok, I jest.  7 grand ain't bad after 5 years.  But it's pretty far from the big time and those taxes inevitably take a huge bite.  Oh well, I don't do it for the money - writing, designing, playing, GMing, and self-publishing RPGs is my passion.

The potential downside - if my career that actually pays the bills significantly under-performs, as it's currently trending (won't know for sure until mid-Summer), this RPG self-publishing gig is not sustainable and I'll be forced into (possibly semi) retirement starting July 1st.

Cthulhu willing, my real job/paycheck will sail through these troubled waters unscathed.  Tentacles crossed!

Thanks to everyone who supported me in one way or another last year,

Venger As'Nas Satanis
High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing

p.s.  No matter what happens, I'm going to complete my Battle Star: Trek Wars kickstarter obligations and will try to sneak a few smaller releases in before July.


No comments:

Post a Comment