This post explains the recent hubbub over Girls Gone Rogue. There's also a thread over at TheRPGsite where someone wonders if people actually play Alpha Blue.
I realize there are precious few Alpha Blue play reports on the internet. Actual play reports are important - especially for Alpha Blue - because it shows how and why the game is played.
So, I'm looking for more play reports, and I thought it was about time someone incentivized that shit...
In the month of February, anyone who posts their own Alpha Blue play report on an RPG blog will be eligible to win $25 (sent via paypal). The winning play report will be judged February 28th on the following criteria...
- Length - don't write a novella, but it should be long enough for readers to get into it while learning about your session, players, approach to GMing Alpha Blue, etc.
- Genre - your play report should showcase what Alpha Blue does best - scifi, sex, and comedy.
- Highlight the game - also, don't be afraid to showcase various material from the books (Girls Gone Rogue, Universal Exploits, and Slippery When Wet), such as random tables you've rolled on, technology used, NPCs met, etc.
- Grammar - if your post reads like an 8th grader threw it together the night before it was due and never bothered to proof read it, I'm taking points off.
- Enthusiasm - readers want to feel that you're having a good time, enjoying yoruself and loving the game.
- Entertainment - the adventure itself should be fun to read; posts should capture those little details that make readers feel like they were there, participating.
- Response - even the best blog post - if no one reads or comments - isn't going to be as useful as one that gets a lot of attention. Marketing is key. Get the word out. I'll be helping with that, but I can't do it all.
Let me know if you have any questions about this contest. Good luck and may the best actual play report win!