Thursday, September 17, 2015

One Page Zine


I got bit by the bug.  The zine bug.  Even though I've been self-publishing respectable looking PDFs and softcover books for a few years, there's just something about the chaotic, messy, personal, garage band, DIY, no frills, raw creative spirit of a zine.  Many years ago, I had my own - but it wasn't RPG related and I didn't have the internet to help me do anything other than put free copies around town.

Anyways, reading about all the zines - especially one pagers - on the blogs of +Erik Tenkar and +Matthew Schmeer got me all excited.  So, I created one.  Now, what to do with it?  I sent a bunch over to +Mythoard earlier today.  But how to go about disseminating the rest?

Here's what I propose...

1.  Zine for zine exchange.  If you want to trade zines, just let me know.  I'd be happy to send one your way if you want to send one mine.

2.  Yearly subscription.  Sending me a dollar here and there seems like too much to keep track of for too little.  How about $10 for 6 bi-monthly zines?  Here's the schedule I had in mind:  October, December, February, April, June, August, (repeat).  

3.  You do a service for me.  Maybe you leave the severed head of a beloved racing horse in someone's bed and I slip you a few pages when no one's looking.  Badda bing badda boom, capiche?  

Email me and let's do some business:  Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

Oops, before I forget... what can you expect to see in these one-page zines of mine?  The same weird as Hell, science-fantasy gonzo junk you'll find in most of my books, I suppose.  Some of it awesome, some of it useful or downright silly, nonsensical, and occasionally dumb (but funny, I hope).

The first three is a planned trilogy called "The Scarlet Sorcerer's Sanctuary".  No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to reach escape velocity from all these fucking colors, man!  It's like I'm trapped in a Dario Argento film or something.  

VS


No comments:

Post a Comment